Why Learn Logic?
Today's curriculum give-away is The Fallacy Detective.
What is a fallacy? A fallacy is an error in logic – a place where someone has made a mistake in his thinking.
“A cloud is 90% water. A watermelon is 90% water. Therefore, since a plane can fly through a cloud, a plane can fly through a watermelon.”
This is an easy book for learning to spot common errors in reasoning.
- For ages twelve through adult
- Fun to use – learn skills you can use right away
- Exercises with answer key
- Covers logical fallacies and propaganda techniques
- Peanuts, Dilbert, and Calvin and Hobbes cartoons
- Includes “The Fallacy Detective Game”
- 2009 Edition introduces the special pleading and slippery slope fallacies
We have 5 copies of The Fallacy Detective to give away. Leave a comment here telling us why you think it's important to learn logic. Be sure to leave your name and email address.