2013 ICHE Legislative Days
Recipe for a Legislative Day Cherry Pie:
- 300 Homeschoolers
- 275 visits to legislators by homeschool families
- 16 exhibits on homeschooling freedom in Illinois
- 11 historical tours and prayer walks
- 1 big family game night and hymn sing
- 9 Senators and Representatives addressing families with their homeschool support
- 1 beautiful reception on the 29th floor of the tallest building in Springfield Read more . . .
Bake at a high temperature with God-glorifying family fellowship and a deep desire to give Him all the glory. Let cool slowly as pictures of the three day event flash over your smartphone to your friends for the next few weeks. Top your Legislative Day Cherry Pie with a generous scoop of homeschool freedom in Illinois and enjoy! You will not experience a better pie . . . until perhaps next year when Legislative Days comes again. Mark your calendar!
There were 237 cherry pies this year (over 100 pies from the St. Clair County Homeschool Group!) AND enough left over to bless the custodian in the tunnel who had seen the pies being distributed for years, but never received one. This year was his first time to be blessed! Way to go homeschool families!!!!
Please plan to join us for Legislative Days in 2014 - April 8-10 with Cherry Pie Day on April 9th!